Volunteer At The Food Basket
The most common volunteer tasks are:
- Sorting food, checking expiration dates, stocking and shelving items.
- Serving customers at the check-out counter.
- Picking up and/or unloading donations.
- Rotating inventory to ensure the oldest product gets distributed first.
- Checking for spoiled produce and baked goods.
- Helping keep the premises clean and orderly.
- Other tasks as requested by the Executive Director.
If you’re interested in volunteering, please visit us at 735 Sand Lake Road in Onalaska and pick up a volunteer application. Our building is in the back right-hand corner of the American Legion parking lot.